(Depending on your requirements and hardware, setup steps may vary.)
- Connect the WAN port of the router to the appropriate Internet feed.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from Port 1 on the router to the JetDirect (if present)
- Connect Ethernet cables from Port 2 and up on the router to the laptops
- Connect WAP devices to the router. (if present)
- Connect the parallel cable from the JetDirect device to the ticket printer (if present)
- Notes: Do not use the "uplink" port if present
- Connect all power sources
- Configure scanners as per documentation below
- Turn printer power on and ensure it's set to "On-line"
Scanner setup (iPod / Socket device version)
- Select an iPod and a scanner device
- Turn on the scanner by holding down the small button on the top of the device. (When started, it will beep and the light will flash blue)
- On the ipod, press the Home button (the one on the device face) to get to the main screen
- Select the "Settings" icon at the bottom center
- Select "General", then "Bluetooth".
- Bluetooth devices will be listed here - the scanner will be indicated by a line starting "Socket CHS".
- Select the scanner from the list
- The scanner should beep, indicating it is paired with the iPod
- Return to the main screen with the "Home" key
- Select the "Safari" browser (you may have to swipe back and forth to find it)
- Navigate to yourticketsite.pleasantticketsolutions.com
- Log in (your event organizer should provide these logins)
- Navigate to yourticketsite.pleasantticketsolutions.com/Scan (you can also select the "Administration" menu from the top, and the "Scan" sublink)
- Select the event / location in question.
- Test the scanner by scanning a UPC code or other non-ticket barcode. The barcode should be typed in to the screen, and indicate a rejection.
- If you continue to have difficulty, consult the manufacturer's guides.