Secure and Harden Your Server Environment
With the rapidly evolving attacks and threats on internet connected security systems, it is important to secure and harden your server environment, and to regularly maintain and upgrade them.
These pages can serve as a resource for customers and will be updated over time. More advanced environments will have additional layers of complexity and component sophistication.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
- Keep current with security patches & security technology
- Keep users access controlled and up-to-date
- Be informed with changing Security News / Blogs
- Have multiple layers of security
Tips for Increasing Security
"Promptly applying security updates is the number-one thing you can do to help protect your devices and data."
- Microsoft Security Tip (https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/)
- Use Software from Companies with a Reputation for taking Security seriously (Recommendations from our Customers)
- Protect your server from External access
- Use unique, Strong Passwords
- Use Two-factor Authentication
- Disable Automatic Auto-Fill of Passwords for your browsers
- Restrict connections with IP Filtering
- Install on Windows Server Core to reduce attack surface
- Use Least Privilege Access in day-to-day usage
- Require Elevation to more admin Roles, or to view sensitive information
- Implement "Two-Man rule" / "4-Eyes principle" in your organization
- Especially for highly sensitive access
- Example: see a simple example using our Request / Approve feature
- Use Client Certificate Authentication
... more to come!