Not your everyday CFO position. Fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work in an environment where the company is growing, you work with smart people, and where everyone in accounting is involved in improving their department to handle further company growth.
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others)
- Presentation of financials to stakeholders such as banks, lending partners, and prospective partners.
- Deciding the presentation approach of projections, including balancing optimism with conservatism.
- Building relationships with new potential lending partners, and being persuasive in pitching our growth plans.
- Running a competitive bid process for new lending partners, and determine capital structures.
- Analysis of acquisition targets during M&A.
- Advising on tax and asset-protection restructuring, in collaboration with our tax consultants.
- Advising the CEO on speed of hiring decisions.
- Submitting government grant applications: both the forecast spreadsheets as well as the sales pitch sections. Collection of historic information for convenience would be delegated to our bookkeeping team.
- Position does not involve also being a controller or monitoring bookkeeping like at many smaller companies (we have a solid team taking care of that).
- Position does not involve maintaining status quo at a slow growth company where there aren't many strategic transactions and changes, or where most decisions are defensive for survival.
- Be a general sounding-board for the CEO.
- Assisting the executive team with driving growth from a 3-digit employee count to a 4-digit employee count on a short timeframe.
- Handles complexity well
- Persuasive one-on-one presentation skills
- Several years of experience in a role, with any job title, involving "VP of Lending" duties.
- Several years of experience in a company with at least 100 employees.
- Medium to strong computer skills
- No specific requirements for formal education or previous job titles. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in a fast-growth company.
- Experience with either the tech industry specifically, or alternatively multiple other industries or as an investment banker
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, electronics manufacturing, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers site.
- chief financial officer
- VP of lending
- vice president of lending
- VP of financing
- vice president of financing
- senior VP of finance
- senior vice president of finance
- managing director
- financial manager
- finance manager
- corporate finance
- corporate financing
- corporate accounting
- investment banking
- investment banker
- wall street
- chief financial officers
- senior VP of finances
- senior vice president of finances
- managing directors
- financial managers
- finance managers
- corporate finances
- investment bankers