With KeePass Client v7.4.0 (no change)
Jan 27th, 2016
This release fixes a potential migration issue found shortly after v7.4.0 was released. Given the short window between these releases, these Release Notes include the items from v7.4.0.
- Our AD/LDAP integration has been improved:
- Nested groups are now supported (Users & Roles > Manage Directories > click Directory name > click Advanced Settings > make sure Get Nested Groups is checked). The roles created when nested groups are imported will not be nested automatically.
- New OpenLDAP directory type has intelligent presets for OpenLDAP-specific configuration settings (other LDAP implementations are still supported).
- Directory account information for Autosyncing and performing password changes and resets is now obfuscated in the database.
Note: Upon logging into Password Server for the first time after upgrading, a page requesting Directory account credentials may appear. Admin must supply the credentials for an account with at least read access to the Directory in order to complete the migration to the new system. Prevent this page from appearing by entering these credentials on the Edit Directory
page (Users & Roles > Manage Directories > click Directory name) before upgrading.
- RADIUS is now a supported Two Factor Authentication method
- See Setting Up RADIUS for more information.
- The SSO Server page now displays the public SSH thumbprint of the Password Server so users can be sure they are connecting to the right machine.
- To reduce clutter in the Web Client UI, we have moved the Language Selection dropdown from the bottom of every page to the Manage Account page (accessible from the Hello menu in the top-right corner of the screen).
- Many fixes to UI elements in the Web Client.
- Fixed an issue where the API calls made by the KeePass client could be identified as attempted attacks by some security software.
- Fixed an issue in the desktop clients that would cause error dialogs to appear to users if their roles were changed while they were logged in.
- Fixed an issue where the UI neccessary to finalize the migration of Directory Users and Roles to the improved system would not appear, and Directory Users that required finalization would be prevented from logging in.
- If you're upgrading from version 6.4.13 or earlier, follow these instructions to avoid errors post-upgrade.
- KeePass Clients v6.0.1 and older will not be able to perform actions that require usage comments.
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported in Password Server Version ≥ 7.0.1.