Directory Connection - Setup Overview
Integrating with Active Directory / LDAP server allows Password Server to use the same users and groups and security settings that your organization has already configured in your user directory.
Summary: This integration is powerful. It allows you to setup a security group in LDAP/AD of users that can access Password Sever. When any of these users attempt to login, all of the following items can happen automatically (depending on your setup configuration):
- Their user credentials are verified on the AD/LDAP server
- Their account gets created in Password Server
- Their roles in Password Server are synced with the same security groups from AD/LDAP,
- The user has access to only the passwords they need.
Here is a basic overview of setting up a connection to your Active Directory / LDAP directory.
Step 1: Create a Directory Connection
- Add a User Directory connection
- Configure the connection user
- Configure the options
- Configure the scope of the connection
- Option A) Set the Base Distinguished Name
- Option B) Filter on Group Membership
- (Optionally) Set the User Relative & Group Relative DN's
Click "Test the connection" button
Step 2: Import the Security Groups
- Import the Security Groups you wish to bring into Password Server, which can be given access to folders/entries. Note: that by filtering by Group Membership can simplify finding roles.