In order to connect to the Proxy Server, it is necessary to update your browser proxy settings so that web traffic is routed through the Proxy Server.
Traffic routed through the Proxy Server will cause browser errors and warnings when connecting to HTTPS sites. To prevent these errors and allow for normal internet browsing, it is necessary to install the Proxy Server Root Certificate as a Trusted Root Certificate Authority on your computer.
Note for Administrators:
- The Root Certificate used by the SSO Server is NOT the same as the SSL Certificate used by the Password Server.
Installing the Proxy Server Root Certificate
Go to the SSO Server tab of the Pleasant Password Server website, and scroll down to the Installing the SSO Root Certificate section. Then:
- Click the SSO Server Root Certificate link to show the Install Profile screen
- Click the Install button to open the Warning screen
- Click the Install button in the title bar to open the Profile Installed screen
- Click the Done button in the title bar to finish installing the certificate
Connecting to the SSO Proxy
Ask your administrator for the Proxy_Address and Proxy_Port. Then:
- Open the Settings app
- Under the Wi-Fi tab, choose the network you wish to connect to
- Press the blue arrow on the right side of your selected network
- Under the HTTP Proxy section, choose Manual
- The Server, Port and Authentication options should now appear
- Enter the Proxy_Address into the Server field
- Enter the Proxy_Port into the Port field
- Set the Authentication field to OFF
- Return to the home screen