Not your everyday marketing position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month reaches new heights.
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist / SEO Specialist
- Other Positions: We are also hiring for other positions (SMM / social media specialist, writer, video editor, PPC specialist, media and marketing communications, marketing project manager, business analyst, software developer, and more). You may apply for multiple positions separately. If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about this posting.
- Full time and permanent
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Fast moving in terms of variety of tasks and expectations.
- Get to know our multiple brands over the long-term to produce deep insight "wow" results that continue our brands' fast growth.
- 90% internal marketing projects (for our 5+ technology offerings), 10% client billable marketing projects.
- Gain valuable career experience with campaigns from mature departments to early stage start-up departments, and from patented disruptive products to more routine competitive sectors.
- Gain experience with both small and large campaigns.
- Be the chief person responsible for organic search traffic.
- Use many techniques both on-page and off-page, such as keyword insertion into content, backlinking, scholarship backlinking, video SEO, meta-tagging, analysis to find new relevant keywords, synonym analysis, engaging bloggers with the aim of backlinking to us, monitoring search engine algorithm changes, A/B testing, and lots of iteration to optimize.
- Balance on-page SEO techniques with human reader effectiveness.
- Learn about departments from stakeholders, extracting precise information from them.
- Weekly budgeted time for researching techniques and trends.
- Mature into a master SEO strategist: significant portion of time is spent strategizing on specific SEO techniques, before execution of the techniques.
- Supported by a team of specialized roles including a writer, social media presence builder, graphic designer, PPC specialist, video editor, programmers, and others; allowing you to focus.
- Occasionally provide brainstorming, feedback, or committee participation to other specialized roles, especially if it involves your secondary skillsets.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning of marketing endeavours, especially for launching new departments.
- Does not involve writing long articles (although you will audit and modify content for SEO optimization).
- Does not involve social media presence building (we have specialists for that, but you will request specific actions from them that your SEO strategy requires such as building relationships with specific bloggers you want to request backlinks from)
- Does not involve constant time-constrainted projects for clients where the budget does not allow for amazing "wow" results, or justifying SEO to people who do not understand it.
- Highly intelligent.
- Deep knowledge of SEO techniques.
- Healthy curiousity for online marketing trends.
- Gets deeply involved with challenges and will persevere at length to achieve victory.
- Takes pride in work.
- Hard working.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit and potential rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with SEO specifically for B2B companies.
- Experience has variety (due to an agency position or otherwise).
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement everywhere.
- Good instincts for analyzing data to extract meaning, and distinguishing valuable metrics from irrelevant ones.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, electronics manufacturing, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers site.
- SEO advertising manager
- SEO marketing manager
- SEO specialist
- SEO manager
- search engine optimization specialist
- search engine marketing
- social media marketing
- search marketing system
- earned media
- organic marketing specialist
- online marketing specialist
- digital marketing specialist
- digital marketing manager
- digital marketing analyst
- demand generation
- Director Search Engine Optimization
- SEO advertising managers
- SEO marketing managers
- SEO specialists
- SEO managers
- search engine optimization specialists
- search marketing systems
- organic marketing specialists
- online marketing specialists
- digital marketing specialists
- digital marketing managers
- digital marketing analysts