Not your everyday project manager position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month is different.
- 2-3 positions ranging from junior up to senior (based on skill and potential skill, regardless of the amount of experience or education).
- Positions related to custom software (but don't let that scare you).
- Additional positions for specialists. Tell us your strengths in your cover letter and we’ll go from there.
- Other Positions: We are also hiring for other positions (business analyst, marketing-project manager, infrastructure analyst, software developer, software tester). You may apply for multiple positions separately. If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about this posting.
- Full time and permanent.
- Fast moving in terms of variety of work and expectations.
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Gain valuable career experience in a variety of industries and project types.
- Gain experience with both small and large projects: from small mobile apps to large enterprise systems.
- Delivering custom software solutions to the client that are in line with the contract and meet the clients' expectations. (we will train you if you are unfamiliar with some parts).
- Coordinate with multiple departments within the company.
- When change requests are made that greatly affect the budget or functionality of a solution, engage the business analysts to ensure the solution meets the clients needs.
- Functional manager of the developers (within the scope of your projects).
- Managing client expectations for timeline, functionality, and budget.
- Involves a lot of communication with clients over the phone, email, and in person as well as communication with the development team
- Responsible for managing the invoicing process for assigned clients and monitoring balances on client accounts.
- Prepare regular project status reports.
- Manage the testing confirmation and delivery of solutions to clients, including managing the warranty periods for fixed price project deployments.
- Does not involve a lot of travel outside of the city.
- Not stuck on long and tedious multi-year projects (even when a larger 1 year project comes along, you will also be doing smaller 1-3 month projects at the same time to maintain variety).
- Mentoring from experienced project managers as needed.
- Opportunity for advancement and job evolution into a variety of potential positions, within reasonable time frames even.
- Highly intelligent.
- Superb communication and language skills, both written and verbal.
- Very effective at managing projects.
- Passionate about finding software solutions for client needs.
- Gets deeply involved with challenges and will persevere at length to achieve victory.
- Takes pride in work.
- Hard working.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit and potential rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement everywhere.
- Pragmatic approach to balancing perfectionism with getting the job done.
- Strong technical skills.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto and Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada (including in Calgary, Ottawa, etc).
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- We also operate Western Canada's most advanced studio, which might also be the largest capacity video marketing studio in Western Canada except for television and news stations. The studio team has won multiple awards.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- As of 2021, we have begun to greatly focus on in-house product development than previous years where we formerly had a focus on consulting services. Currently, our lead focus is on Webifier, a tool that lets non-technical people build their own full-blown web applications using spreadsheets which is beginning explosive growth (see https://pleasantsolutions.com/webifier) as well as privacy products as seen under Paranoid.com. We still do some software development services, electronics manufacturing, marketing services, and IT services. Other in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- Achieved zero layoffs throughout Covid.
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/project-manager
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyway; we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/project-manager site.
- information technology
- solutions analyst
- development analyst
- senior business analyst
- requirements engineer
- project management
- technical project manager
- technical PM
- project manager
- computer system analyst
- computer systems analyst
- software analyst
- solutions analysts
- development analysts
- senior business analysts
- requirements engineers
- technical project managers
- technical PMs
- project managers
- computer system analysts
- computer systems analysts
- software analysts