Not your everyday legal position. Work-life balanced, yet with variety and challenge: a position you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in a friendly environment where you are valued but so is your time with family.
- Senior Corporate Paralegal
- Long-term position as opposed to short-term contract.
- Work-life balance is a very high priority: overtime will be basically non-existent.
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 7am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Exciting to be intimately involved in the rapid growth of a Canadian technology company with a global reach.
- Medium levels of variety of type of work.
- Being the lead for transactions with our lenders, including coordination, ensuring no surprises get unnoticed, and building closing agendas.
- Researching for precedences and corporate contract templates.
- Reviewing document changes to separate mundane changes from material ones.
- Maintaining minute book organization and completeness.
- Assisting CEO and in-house counsel with obtaining specialized answers from external law firms.
- Locating patent law attorneys in various countries.
- Assist our outside boutique patent firm with routine auxiliary documents and coordinate with patent firms across the globe for jurisdictional filings.
- Reviewing contracts from various departments and confirming they meet all checklisted requirements of company policies.
- Preparing collections litigation packages by obtaining information from various company employees, obtaining sign offs, and packaging it to minimize time spent by external law firms.
- Reports to general counsel as well as directly to the CEO, who is very familiar with legal drafting and select legal fundamentals such as patent law.
- Expected to be nearly flawless in ensuring no bullet point requirements are accidentally forgotten or skipped.
- A role that will make use of all capabilities you are confident offering: you will not be boxed in.
- An environment where titles and egos are left at the door, and where your skills will be valued.
- Does not involve overtime or very high pressure environments.
- Highly intelligent.
- Many years of experience in either law firms or multiple in-house positions.
- Feels like they can understand and interpret a contract as well as many lawyers (but uses this skill to perform their job functions better, as opposed to crossing limits)
- Great communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- No specific requirements for formal education or certifications. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with technology or engineering companies.
- Feels like they would have the capability of becoming a lawyer if they wanted to, but simply chooses not to for personal reasons.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto and Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada (including in Calgary, Ottawa, etc).
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- We also operate Western Canada's most advanced studio, which might also be the largest capacity video marketing studio in Western Canada except for television and news stations. The studio team has won multiple awards.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- As of 2021, we have begun to greatly focus on in-house product development than previous years where we formerly had a focus on consulting services. Currently, our lead focus is on Webifier, a tool that lets non-technical people build their own full-blown web applications using spreadsheets, and which is beginning explosive growth (see https://pleasantsolutions.com/webifier) as well as privacy products as seen under Paranoid.com. We still do some software development services, electronics manufacturing, marketing services, and IT services. Other in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- Achieved zero layoffs throughout Covid.
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/paralegal
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyway; we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/paralegal site.
- senior paralegal
- senior corporate paralegal
- senior legal assistant
- senior legal secretary
- paralegal clerk
- law agent
- legal manager
- in-house paralegal
- intellectual property paralegal
- general counsel
- in-house counsel
- Alberta Association of Professional Paralegals
- senior paralegals
- senior legal assistants
- senior legal secretaries
- paralegal clerks
- law agents
- legal managers
- in-house paralegals
- intellectual property paralegals